Sunday, May 24, 2009

Trying to get back into writing mode

Well, here it is 8pm on Sunday, 24th May, and it is two weeks since I was last sitting here adding to my, what probably is a very boring, blog!!
We have just about completely recovered from this vicious head cold we had...boy, did it linger on with me eventually having to be on antibiotics for a nasty cough that had developed.
Last Sunday we paid a visit to our eldest granddaughter, her husband and their delightful 15 month old daughter....our youngest great-granddaughter. My daughter and her other half were there as well....a delayed Mother's Day get-together postponed from the previous week.
We had a most enjoyable afternoon, sitting outside eating cake and drinking coffee/tea and having so much fun with the little one. Her folks have made her this wonderful cubby house (complete with door and window) out of a huge cardboard carton and she loves being in there and peeking out the window and laughing so much when we say 'boo' to her. Shows that one doesn't need to spend a fortune on toys when such simple things as carboard boxes can bring such delight. Of course she does have lots and lots of toys from family and friends and is a very lucky little girl and enjoys playing with all of them.
I have been thinking seriously about what I may write about.....have already put forward some ideas but I often wonder why would I bother? I have many thoughts on many subjects, both serious and not so serious, and I guess it would be a good idea to get them out of my head or system as the case may be but......perhaps before long I'll get in the right frame of mind to pursue many subjects as they come to mind. Best I can say for now is "Watch this space". Wonder if anyone ever does though? Does it matter anyway? Not really.

2 comments:

  1. I read your blog and I don't find it boring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that Amanda. I feel that in comparison with blogs of younger folk mine are a little bit so-so!!

    ReplyDelete