Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I JUST HAD TO SHARE THIS


A few minutes ago the telephone rang and a little voice said "hello" to which I replied "hello darling how are you?" The voice then asked "Is that Mimsie?" to which I replied "Yes, it is".

The reason for this call from my 3 year old great-granddaughter? For a few weeks now I have been sending her picture postcards. I used to collect them years back and have thousands of them and I learned that it is good for little ones to receive mail and that postcards are a good way of sending them that mail.

I had been regularly sending the cards, sometimes one at a time and occasionally 6 or more in an envelope, but last week had other things on my mind and didn't send any. Bad oversight on my part.

The next part of the conversation went like this. "Thank you for the postcards Mimsie and can you please send me some more?"

Now I have to quickly find some more cards and pop them in the mail tomorrow. Her mother tells me she checks the mail box every day but I guess it is all part of her learning about life in that the things we want to happen don't always happen when we want them to.

Our children are wonderful, our grandchildren are great but our great-grandchildren? They are so very, very special. Thank you little one for that phone call...it really made my day.

1 comment:

  1. I have so many lovely memories of my great grandmother, you're right, it's a very special relationship isn't it? x

    ReplyDelete