Wednesday, August 3, 2011

OUR WINTER WEATHER IN PERTH

Wonderful to actually be having a proper winter in Perth and only just about 10mm short of our average July rainfall too. I love winter and do so enjoy it at night when I am in bed and this shoulder has kept me awake a little of late and I, who am not at all poetically inclined, came up with this little poem. Just thought I'd share it with anyone who happened to wander into my blog.

WINTER NIGHTS

The wind is whistling round our house
And how I love the sound of it.
The rain is drumming on the roof
As I listen to the pound of it.
The lightning tears the sky asunder
Followed then by claps of thunder.
On nights like this my thanks be said
I'm snug and cosy in my bed.

The last time I wrote a poem was when I was aged about 11 or 12 back in about 1943/44 when my brother was home on leave from the RAAF during WW2. Only 2 poems in 79 years? Well
there are some folk that don'e even write one.

2 comments:

  1. I do my best thinking in bed, so why not come up with poems there as well?

    Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks....my second effort in 79 years!!! Wonder what I might come up with in the next 79??

    ReplyDelete