Saturday, July 14, 2012

A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY GREETING

My nephew from Canberra has been in Perth this week practising as a member of a large orchestra from all parts of the world and they are performing in Fremantle tonight.  My daughter and her husband are going to the concert and I am looking forward to hearing all about it.

John was 63 yesterday and I had sent him an email wishing him a happy birthday and also best wishes for the concert.

This morning I received an email from him thanking us for our best wishes and telling me that the 80 piece orchestra had played and sung Happy Birthday for him yesterday.  I could tell from his words that he was absolutely delighted and very surprised.

As they were practising 3 times a day we had no chance of seeing him on the day but my daughter and her hubby (who picked John up at his hotel in the city), MOH and I had lunch with John last Saturday at the Yanchep Inn (Yanchep is a very picturesque national park north of Perth) so we had spent quality time with him then.

I just wondered how many folk had been serenaded on their birthday by an 80 piece orchestra!!  One can only imagine how wonderful that greeting would have sounded.

P.S.  I always enjoy going to Yanchep as it is the place where I met MOH 47 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment