Wednesday, August 22, 2012

SATURDAY 11 AUGUST, 2012

It's because I do so little that is interesting or go out much that I am always attempting to find something to blog about.

The above date was our son-in-law's xxth birthday so I spoke to our daughter about perhaps going out for a meal.  She said no that he (son-in-law) had invited us to their place and that he was going to cook the dinner.

I have said before that one couldn't ask for a better son-in-law but the above offer was one we just couldn't refuse and how wonderful of him to do this on his own birthday.

We watched as he worked to produce a delicious lasagne made with all good healthy ingredients and I must admit it was of the best meals I've had for many a long year and MOH agreed with me.  Thank you so much s-i-law for your kindness.

We had taken a lamington sponge as I felt there had to be some kind of cake on a birthday and this was the healthiest I could think of so we had coffee and cake later in the evening.

We spent a wonderful few hours together and it was so much nicer (perhaps especially for we oldies) to be in the comfort of their home and not in a noisy, perhaps overheated, restaurant.


Son-in-law at work in their lovely kitchen which they had renovated recently.  He has become a talented cook over the years and my daughter is so lucky to have him but not just for his cooking prowess......he is just such a fantastic bloke and we love him too.

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm lasagne. Son-in-law perhaps also feels lucky that he has such appreciative in-laws. Appreciation is decidedly a two way street I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you are so right, it is a two way street. He is a great fellow though.

      Delete