Tuesday, July 2, 2013

WILL IT WORK? FINGERS CROSSED!!

Had the injection yesterday (my right sacroiliac joint) and it was less painful than other joint injections I've had and not sure that is a good sign or not.  Was told to do very little for a couple of days.  What bliss!!  A wonderful excuse to spend more time in front of my computer and I've been enjoying posts from friends I'd missed over the past day or three.  Have been catching up with my farms on Farm Town (a game I play on Facebook) and hope to catch up on my numerous games of scrabble if the others have had their turn.

It is far too early to say whether or not this injection has 'worked' and as I can't cross much more than my fingers there days (and those not too well either) I am living in hope.  If I can get rid of this one fairly new pain the other older ones will be at least bearable again and perhaps I will walk again without bending over looking like an old lady.  : )

It is once again a fairly quiet week with just our lovely cleaning lady Jenny coming for an hour on Thursday morning.  She has changed our time as another of her customers needed more help.  I don't begrudge that as the other lady is nearly completely blind so needs Jenny's service for many more things than cleaning.   We are looked after by our wonderful people at Cockburn Care (part of our Council's many services) and they help enable us to stay in our own home as they also clean gutters, cut lawns and do other urgent repairs when needed, such as fixing leaking toiles etc.  All the people that work here are so friendly and helpful.  We are so fortunate.


I am hoping this will be the happy face I will be wearing in a few days time.  Keep your fingers crossed for me.  Please.

10 comments:

  1. Fingers and toes are firmly crossed. I DO hope it helps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks EC....me likewise.
      Popped out to put some bits in the wheelie bin and saw some dead fronds of a large fern so decided to pop them in the bin too (too large for the compost) but two minutes of bending over proved too much. Damn and blast it. Was told not do much but surely that couldn't be considered too much. Hopefully my usual back problem kicking in again. *_*

      Delete
  2. Thanks PPMJ. Need all the luck I can get with this ancient body. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have all my fingers crossed for you. It's hard walking all hunched over, you can't really see where you are going that way. I'm glad you have help that enables you to stay in your home, there's nothing as comforting as the familiar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot. I am still debating whether or not the injection has worked. I keep getting strange sensations right on the spot. Is it still working perhaps? Not as painful as before but I'm just taking it easy and then we'll see. I must admit I am walking more upright now. Problem is all the other spinal problems are still there so sometimes it's hard to tell just what is causing the discomfort.
      Our daughter keeps saying we should have downsized (we only have a cottage anyway) or preferably gone into a retirement village but we don't fit the norm. Perhaps because we were both only children and are a little solitary?

      Delete
  4. My fingers are crossed for you. Back in our younger days we belonged to the Lions, part of our community work on behalf of the Lions was to garden for those in need. I wonder if this still happens? Glad the help you get enables you to stay in your home. xxx Rae

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rae....still hoping. xxx
      I am sure Lions and all those wonderful organisations still do voluntary work for those in need of help. There are other organisations that do gardening etc. for a small fee but we find that the one run by our local Council really excellent.

      Delete
  5. Everything is crossed that will cross (and that's not much these days). Hope it works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Delores. So you too have trouble crossing bits and pieces? Gee! What our poor old bodies do to us but at least our minds are still well and truly active. I am still hoping too and I love that smiley face I found. Perhaps keep it as my good luck charm. : )

      Delete