Tuesday, May 20, 2014

WHERE AM I?

I am here but getting nowhere fast.  Do you know that feeling perhaps?  Lots to do and not getting it done.  We should be having the carpet laid next week and it is the one of our choice too.  Not sure how the carpet firm managed it, but manage it they did.  So glad too as the one the insurance company chose was dreadful and one I doubt anyone would want unless it was for perhaps a verandah that was going to have constant traffic on it.  Really hard.   Now we have to pack up all the books and other items in the three bookcases but do you think we can find boxes.  Asked at several store but no luck.  Phil is off again to ask again.  Also have to move small furniture but that's not a problem.

Pest control here next Tuesday to do their annual inspection so had to work that in before new carpet as they do make a bit of a mess 'cos of the insulation bits that come down with them after they inspect the part between the ceilings and the roof.  We are fortunate that all the timber is jarrah which white ants aren't all that keen on and also the stumps under the house are capped.  $190 this year for the inspection and we are going to make sure they do everything on their list as sometimes I think they are a little careless and don't check everything, i.e. door frames, skirting boards etc.

I'm afraid my head is spinning and I have to try and sit still and gather my thoughts and get a hold of myself, and get on with everything.

I will be back with Telling it on Tuesday, hopefully next week, but need to find photographs and put them in some kind of order and that too will take time as the albums are among the things that also need to be moved out of the living room.  I may bring them out here where at least I can get to them.

Do I sound muddled up?  I guess it's because I feel that way.  Once when I was able to move around without a problem none of this would have got to me but these days five minutes and I have to sit down to ease my back and everything has to be done ever so slowly.  An hour's job can take me half a day which makes me feel ever so useless at times.  Thank goodness for Phil; he is ever so patient with me when I get in a tizz.

I am still popping in to check my favourite blogs even if not leaving comments each time but you can rest assured I am still round the place..somewhere.

10 comments:

  1. Take care of yourself. With all the change and upheaval you have been going through I would be confuddled too. And I hear you on the simple jobs taking forever to finish as well. Soooo frustrating.
    We will be here when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for being so understanding. I knew you would know what I'm talking about.
      One loses one's confidence so easily as so many taks become almost impossible to achieve; things one took for granted.
      I'll get there later rather than sooner but I will get there.

      Delete
  2. Hari OM
    Oh Mimsie, I am hearing an echo!!! You know I know what we know about that sea of treacle... Make sure you float my dear. We're here when you are ready. Hugs, YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably echos in many places Yam. As we age I feel many of us have the same problem.
      I will be like Alice when she landed in the pool of tears....I will swim my way out.
      Thanks for your kind comments. xxxx

      Delete
  3. Oh Mimsie take it easy OK it is not worth burning yourself out. Take care Hug B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Buttons. I'm getting there slowly. Saw my physio for the first time in 5 months today and she I know will help a lot. xx

      Delete
  4. My best wishes and admiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Geo. Thank you for your visit and your kind words.

      Delete
  5. Lots to do and nothing getting done. I HATE that feeling. I usually get it when things need doing but I'd rather someone else was doing them because I know I will hurt later.
    I'm glad you're getting the carpet you'd prefer, it would be hard to live with a different not so nice one.
    Are you able to get help with moving the books and bookcases?
    Please take care and rest often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess that's part of the problem, knowing you will hurt later. It's no reason for putting off doing things and yet we do because we just no the aftermath.
      Nobody to help with anything but men will shift heavy furniture etc but we still have to box up all the books and other items in the bookcases plus smaller items of furniture. Only person we could call on is son-in-law and he works hard and has his wife to care for as well with all her aches and pains.
      We will definitely get there...eventually. We have before and we will again.
      Am hoping June will see us all happy again.

      Delete