Friday, June 26, 2015

FRIDAY FRIVOLITY No 4

With my love of piano music I decided to go to YouTube and find the Rustle of Spring by Sinding.  I once played it on the piano (my daughter remembers me doing so and she too loves the tune) and have always thought it a particularly beautiful piece of piano music.  I chose it as my set piece when sitting for my Grade 3 pianoforte exam and the examiner seemed quite pleased with my attempt so I must have played reasonably well.

Here Daniel Sabbah gives a delightful rendition of Rustle of Spring.  Please do enjoy it with me:


Looking at these poor old hands now I wonder to myself was I really once able to play music such as this.  I am so glad I could as it was really wonderful and so relaxing.




6 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    OMW that is astonishingly fine! Mimsie, in all my years of listening and playing, I don't recall ever coming across this piece...indeed, it must be confessed, neither is Sinding a familiar name!!! Thank you for the introduction &*> YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a beautiful piece of music Yam. You don't hear the name Sinding all that often but he has written some quite delightful music. xx

      Delete
  2. It's a little like water babbling over a very rocky riverbed; something I'd listen to with my eyes closed so I could travel along with the sound.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this is one piece of music that actually 'talks' to the listener. I think that is one reason I loved playing it so much.

      Delete
  3. Bloody thing ate my reply. So here I'll try again.

    I used to love listening to you playing this while I was growing up. I never got quite good enough to play it myself. Maybe I'll have to buy myself a piano and start learning again. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naughty thing!!!! Second time worked OK.
      Perhaps a large keyboard rather than a piano and hope your poor hands could do justice to it. Mine are too old and stiff now and I am not sure I would be able to read music now.

      Delete