Friday, March 4, 2016

FRIDAY FAVOURITES

Phil and I were scrolling through YouTunes last night and really enjoying old favourites.  It is so difficult to choose from so many of those long forgotten tunes but then I discovered this one:  Love Story so beautifully sung by Andy Williams (one of our favourite vocalists).  The lyrics are here and there is so much truth in them.  Phil and I discovered each other way back then when both of us were going through bad patches.  Our love has held us together for 50 years (our 49th wedding anniversary this year) with just the occasional down but nearly all upwards and happy.  Do please enjoy this lovely song with me:


6 comments:

  1. Hari Om
    Sorry to say, the vid has been blocked for copyright reasons - it may only apply to UK, bit vague some of these laws and rights. However, I know the song to which you refer and it is certainly very sweet! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strange about the blocking as I saw nothing about copyright.
      I was sure you would know this lovely song as it was popular for so many years. xx

      Delete
  2. A bit slow and mushy for me, Mimsie but Mum loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you are a little young to understand it Charlie but I am so pleased your mum enjoyed it. :)

      Delete
  3. That is so beautiful! I remember hearing it on the radio many years ago, when I was too young to appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is beautiful, and it's amazing how as we age we come to understand lots of things that passed way over our heads when we were young.

      Delete